Impaired erectile function and decreased sex drive are a real problem for modern men. The pharmaceutical industry is actively using the desire of male representatives to meet the imposed standards of intimate life, offering a wide selection of different stimulants. Forgotten folk recipes are also making a comeback. The best means of potency can be identified in each niche. The choice depends on the cause of the sexual dysfunction and overall health.
Phosphodiesterase-5 . inhibitors
The leading positions in the ranking of means for stimulating an erection and treating impotence are occupied by drugs based on phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (enzymes).
All drugs have the same principle of action, which includes improving erections by dilating the walls of the supply arteries and blood vessels of the penis. The active substance blocks phosphodiesterase, allowing nitric oxide to be released freely from endothelial cells (the inner layer of blood vessels responsible for their contractility). As a result, the smooth muscles of the blood vessels relax, their lumen increases.
Phosphodiesterase inhibitors are only effective with sexual arousal in the euphoric state.
These drugs are considered the most effective impotence remedies. But because the enzyme, which directs their action, is not located only in the penis, side effects can occur:
- dizziness, blurred vision;
- digestive disorders;
- increased pressure;
- muscle pain;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa.
According to statistics, the largest number of negative manifestations in the drug, the action of which is limited to 6 hours, the smallest - in the drug, the duration of which is 10 hours. The last drug is the most gentle for the retina. The longest effect of the drug in this group is 36 hours.
Only one drug has a short absorption time, the first effect is felt after 15 minutes. For other funds, wait times for activity start at an hour and a half.
It should be noted: the duration of action of the tablets is directly proportional to the duration of the possible side effects.
Studies have shown that thanks to the popular PDE-5 inhibitor with the strongest effect on increasing penile elasticity, 89% of the total male participants in the experiment had the highest level of erection. The likelihood of complete sexual intercourse increases 20 times.
NO synthetic activators
NO synthase is an enzyme that produces nitric oxide. The more active the gas production, the more vascular smooth muscle relaxes. Purified antibodies to this enzyme are able to stimulate NO-synthase activity. Based on them, a drug has been created that does not affect the heart rate and does not cause associated side effects. It can be taken in old age, as well as against cardiovascular pathologies.
The remedy is a homeopathic remedy. To correct erectile function due to vascular disorders and age-related changes, it is taken in a 12-week course. At the end of treatment, the effect persisted for six months.
Lack of testosterone is one of the main causes of potency disorders. Levels of this hormone can be determined with a blood test. But even if there is a deficiency, self-medication of drugs to increase testosterone is strictly prohibited.
To regulate the level of hormones, the doctor prescribes the following means:
- patches with testosterone (allergic reactions on the skin may occur);
- Gel containing testosterone. Hormones enter the body through the skin, their levels are maintained for 4 days;
- Oral capsules with androgens. Active ingredients are absorbed and eliminated quickly;
- testosterone injection. The rapid-release forms (testosterone cypionate) are shorter-acting, the delayed-release forms (testosterone unedecanoate) work for 3 months;
- subcutaneous implants (possible rejection, allergic reactions).
Treatment with these drugs is carried out strictly under the supervision of a doctor, since most of them are toxic to the liver. In the event of an overdose, serious consequences may occur (eg, testicular atrophy).
Analogue of prostaglandin E1
Prostaglandins are a group of substances actively involved in metabolism. They are formed from fatty acids in the cells of the body. Prostaglandin E1 controls the contraction of vascular smooth muscle tissue, affects the synthesis of hormones, regulates the activity of the nervous system. An artificial substitute for this substance that improves erections by dilating the blood vessel walls and cavernous bodies of the penis. It is administered intravenously or intravenously.
The means is effective in various types of neurological, psychiatric, vascular erectile dysfunction. After the introduction, the effect occurs within 5-10 minutes and lasts about 3 hours.
- hematoma, fibrosis;
- pain in the penis and testicles;
- increased pressure;
- vascular disorders.
Dosage selection is made by the physician on an outpatient basis.
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors
Serotonin is not only the "hormone of pleasure", but also a neurotransmitter that regulates arousal and erection. With an increase in its concentration in the intercellular space, the time of sexual intercourse before ejaculation is prolonged. This effect is achieved by taking drugs based on a substance that blocks the reuptake of serotonin by cellular receptors.
The device is suitable for men with erectile dysfunction, manifested in the condition of premature ejaculation. If the diet is not controlled, it can reduce sex drive and make it difficult to achieve orgasm.
The action of drugs in this class is to block the impulses that narrow the capillaries. There are two types of drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction:
- selective, affecting α2-adrenergic receptors, generated on the basis of the natural alkaloid yohimbine. The drug dilates the arteries, and also acts as an aphrodisiac, improving libido. Among the side effects are sometimes noted tachycardia, dyspepsia and excessive anxiety;
- non-selective. Effective for cases of violation of the peripheral blood supply. With a course of hospitalization, a negative reaction can occur in the form of allergies, dizziness, swelling of the nasal mucosa.
A remedy with yohimbine is suitable not only for the treatment of impotence, but also to prevent a decrease in libido, as well as to increase the overall strength of the body. Non-selective drugs prescribed by a doctor.
Natural remedies based on ingredients of plant and animal origin can also have a stimulating effect. The composition of dietary supplements often includes adaptogens (substances that increase immunity), aphrodisiacs and circulatory activators. For a noticeable effect, you should take a course. The most popular representatives of this group of drugs:
- a product consisting of mango, nettle leaves, cinnamon, ginkgo, zamaniha, garlic, and American raspberries. Improves overall health, gently stimulating effect;
- moisturizing with the grass of the climbing plant. Stimulates testosterone synthesis, improves sperm quality, has anti-inflammatory effects;
- preparations based on extracts of dwarf palm and Eurycoma longifolia. Ingredients may also include zinc, vitamin B5, licorice root extract, and ginseng. During treatment, one's own testosterone production is stabilized;
- Functional food based on Chinese Cordyceps (a parasitic fungus with aphrodisiac properties) and Eurycoma longifolia. The direction of action is an increase in sexual arousal and stimulation of testosterone production;
- Ingredients of the preparation: herbs and roots of kopek tea ("bear root"). Effectively relieves inflammation of the genitourinary system, regulates hormone levels, improves blood circulation;
- a remedy that combines several herbal stimulants: nightshade, Eurycoma longifolia, ginkgo biloba, grape magnolia, ginseng and water chestnut;
- aggressive advertising of drugs based on exotic African herbs;
- a remedy in which royal jelly (a product of beekeeping) is added to traditional long-leaf eurycoma and ginseng for such processing.
In a separate category, Chinese dietary supplements can be distinguished:
- black ant tree extract and herbal ingredients;
- deer antlers, Tibetan cordyceps, yak testicles, ginseng;
- cordyceps, saffron, genitals of yak, saiga, deer.
For those who are afraid of foreign products abroad, pharmacies offer a wide selection of domestic products, for example:
- from beekeeping products: capsules with propolis, drone milk, pollen;
- on the basis of the beaver stream;
- mummy (tablets, ointments and rectal suppositories).
Supplements are only effective if the drug is not a fake and is used correctly.
To treat erectile dysfunction and sometimes increase potency in men, topical preparations are actively used: creams, sprays, ointments on a natural or chemical basis. Due to the stimulating effect, there is an active flow of blood to the penis and dilation of its vessels. The most affordable representatives of this series of stimulants: ointments with glycerol trinitrate or acidic sulfur-containing glycosaminoglycans. For definitive treatment, safe herbal treatments with wooden pliers are suitable.
Men leave a lot of positive feedback about fragrant spray products with natural ingredients: musk, red tree root (tea tree), deer antlers, sainfoin (grass). There is an improvement in erection and an increase in the overall quality of intercourse by 2-3 times. Effective for young people with psychological erectile dysfunction, for couples who need to "refresh" sexual sensations. It is also suitable for idiopathic impotence, when desire disappears continuously for no apparent reason.
When choosing a cream or spray, you should pay attention to the presence of anesthetics in the composition. With delayed ejaculation problems, the effect of reduced sensitivity of the glans will exacerbate the situation.
Folk methods of treatment
With the restoration of male strength, folk remedies can also help, the use of which is sometimes preferable to supplements: guaranteed natural source of ingredients and low cost.
The quite potent stimulants and potency stimulants are bee products, available in honey shops and beekeepers:
- drone milk;
- dead bees.
Alcohol on the beaver line (anal glands) has a positive effect on libido and health. Many consider it to be the best tool to increase potency and enhance vitality. You can order tools directly from hunters through Internet sites.
To get rid of impotence will help include in the diet honey, ginger, dried garlic, parsley, celery, nuts, pumpkin seeds.
As for the stats of the reviews, the top spot in terms of erection quality achieved is the PDE-5 inhibitor. But the same remedy causes serious side effects in some people: men often complain of headaches and blurred vision. To play it safe, many people use transdermal agents, the most common of which are sprays with musk, red tree root, deer antlers, and sainfoin.
Most men are skeptical about supplements. According to the results of the surveys, the drug with maggot root and ginseng became the most effective.
Folk remedies do not bring about rapid effect like medicine, often difficult to prepare, so they are mainly used in the older generation of men. Drone milk and beaver line have won the greatest trust.
Using one drug or another, it is important to monitor not only the dynamics of the effect, but also the reaction of the body. Even the drugs prescribed by the doctor are not always suitable. About strengthening the effect: if erectile function is impaired, it should be returned with an integrated approach - medicines and folk recipes, along with lifestyle modifications.